Returning for its spectacular second year this August, Playstival is Ireland’s only festival dedicated to play for kids and their parents.
The beautiful Airfield Estate working farm and gardens in Dundrum will be transformed into an energetic family festival, offering two unforgettable fun-filled summer days of play-related, interactive and immersive programming for all the family in an environment that is 100% screen free!
This unique event allows kids and all the older people in their lives to get away from mobile phones, games consoles and screens for a day filled with genuine feel good fun and family togetherness. Sat August 10th & Sun 11th 2019. Airfield Estate, Dundrum, Dublin 14. Tickets are from €13 and are available at www.playstival.ie
Speaking with great excitement of this summer’s Playstival, Festival Director Shell Holden commented “Playstival is a gathering to celebrate the joy and excitement of parenting. We’ve created a two day festival dedicated to play and discovery, fun and excitement, great food and live music, and most of all family time together.”
“This summer’s new festival line-up allows parents and guardians the opportunity to play with their children, or let them interact with other kids and enjoy the games and interactive shows. Look forward to a live music stage with dance-worthy bands and DJs, a new world food market and a plethora of hands-on programming for toddlers to tweens as well as the grown-ups”
The jam-packed programme will feature imaginative play universes, a family sports day, old school outdoor game field, science shows and lego model building, children’s storytelling and creative writing, toddler playtime, world street food village, vintage funfair rides, farmyard animals and much more.
Playstival showcases three themed ‘Play Universes’ for children to immerse themselves in, use their imagination to create ideas, roles and characters, and most importantly have lots of fun. The ‘play universes’ comprise of beautifully made, tactile wooden games, which have been designed by Festijeux, the world renowned French games company passionate about positive play and the power of the imagination.
The imaginatively themed Play Universes include The Market, a farm to table experience for budding chefs, The Architects Office with Young’s Estate Agents where kids can build their dream homes and design cities, and The Construction Site for Kids the ultimate kids at work zone with hard hats, diggers and tractors at the ready!
- Discover the electrifying world of science at W5’s Science & Discovery Hub and join in on their explosive science shows, STEM challenges and exciting bubble exploration.
- Attack alien invaders and become Pac-man at the Actual Reality Arcade, a life-sized interactive retro game zone for all ages inspired by classic arcade games;
- Become the ultimate master lego builder with Bricks 4 Kidz – LEGO Masters where kids will learn the basics of STEM and build 3D and motorised models;
- Get the feel of the outdoors with the Irish Girl Guides;
- Become a superstar with Next Stage Dance & Drama; Chop, crunch and digest all about food at the Cool Food School;
- Game on in The Sari Family Sports Day where your family can go head to head with other families in the most epic game of rounders, football and table-tennis;
- Get creative in Johnny Magory’s Explorer’s Storyland;
- Get your family picture beside Airfield’s Big Tractor and plant your own seed to take home.
- Learn all about what Airfield does and meet the animals;
- Whirl around the Vintage Funfair;
- and extra little ones will delight in Discovery Playtime’s Toddler Fun and their ongoing messy and sensory play sessions.
Playstival is an inclusive festival and welcomes all types of differences.
Playstival is working with As I Am – Ireland’s National Autism Charity to create autism awareness throughout and to promote accessibility within the festival. AS I AM will provide a dedicated sensory friendly chill out zone in Airfield House and this low-lit calm space will be open to anyone who would like to take time out from the busy festival atmosphere. The As I Am team will also be on hand to chat about all things Autism.
This year’s festival also features new programming for parents to enjoy while their kids play. Parents can feast on global flavours at the World Street Food Market, and kick back or jump around to live bands and Irish DJs on the Playchella Live Music Stage. Grab brunch with friends at Airfield Estates own farm to fork restaurant the ‘Overends Kitchen’.
Playstival is a gathering celebrating the joy and excitement of parenting. The festival weekend is the cumulation of the year-round Playstival Parenting Playbook’s and active Playstival parenting community. At Playstival we celebrate that being a parent is amazing, and each week we send out ‘Playbooks’ to our active and engaged Playstival parenting community. Each week’s Playbook has cool ideas to do with your kids, amazing things to show them and fun experiences to share with them. To join the conversation and be part of the Playstival community, sign up at Playstival.ie
Airfield Estate is Ireland’s largest urban farm and food experience, and festival goers will also have the wonderful opportunity to enjoy all of what Airfield Estate has to offer including egg collection, Jersey herd milking and tasting, animal feeding, play areas, vintage cars and much more. Visitors can also enjoy the Estate’s renowned food offerings across the two-day event including a BBQ grill, home baked treats and sandwiches, and barista coffees and teas.
Tickets and festival information at www.playstival.ie