SuperValu, has announced it will be offering free online delivery for the autism community in its Carlow stores across the month of April in support of World Autism Awareness Month. The initiative comes alongside its existing in-store activities, as SuperValu firmly cements its position as number one supporter of the Autism Community.
Building on the success of its Autism friendly shopping evenings, SuperValu, in partnership with AsIAm, continues its work in raising acceptance and education, building inclusive communities and breaking down those barriers that affect over 50,000 families in Ireland who have a family member who is on the autism spectrum.
SuperValu is already leading the change with a range of initiatives;
- Clonakilty in County Cork being designated Irelands First Autism Friendly Town in 2018
- Weekly Autism Friendly Shopping evenings in stores across the country.
- Sponsorship of nationwide Community Seminars, run in partnership with AsIAm, to provide information and guidance for autistic people and their families
And it’s delighted to be stepping up activity in 2019 by:
- Offering free Online delivery for the autism community during the month of April
- Partnering with AsIAm and their Occupational Therapist to identify and highlight products in store and online which are autism friendly.
- Providing education and information to the wider public throughout April to help increase understanding and acceptance of autism
we’re incredibly proud of what our stores, their staff and their customers have achieved with autism friendly shopping evenings
Speaking on the announcement, SuperValu Marketing Director, Ray Kelly said, “Looking back at the last couple of years, we’re incredibly proud of what our stores, their staff and their customers have achieved with autism friendly shopping evenings and ultimately maximising our unique position to build and enhance inclusive communities. Our free online delivery initiative in 101 stores nationwide, is unique in that it offers convenience when sometimes getting out of the house and into a store can be difficult for many.”
Speaking about the new initiative Adam Harris, Founder of AsIAm said, “Working in partnership with SuperValu on their autism awareness initiatives has really helped to increase acceptance and help people to understand how they can make themselves and their communities more inclusive. Supermarkets, in particular, can act as a trigger for autistic people so for SuperValu to cement their support with their free delivery initiative is a great way of easing the stress of shopping when it’s not the most suitable time. Through SuperValu’s initiatives and activations both in store and online, we hope to see a further step change in building inclusive communities.”
SuperValu has really helped to increase acceptance and help people to understand how they can make themselves and their communities more inclusive.
To avail of free online delivery for the month of April, members of the autism community can log on to SuperValu.ie for further information